Metals One, which is advancing battery metal projects at brownfield sites in Finland and Norway, has announced that the company’s SRH Råna Project (nickel, copper, cobalt) partner and operator, Kingsrose Mining Limited has reported results from the first two holes drilled at the Rånbogen prospect and a further hole at Bruvann as part of the 5000 m diamond drilling programme.
Drilling has delivered high-grade massive sulfide Ni-Cu-Co mineralisation in both holes over an interpreted strike length of 150 m, within a previously undrilled area which is open along strike and down dip.
- High-grade massive and breccia sulfide zone returned 9.3 m at 1.0% Ni, 0.3% Cu and 0.10% Co from 176.5 m, within a broader upper mineralised zone which returned 26.2 m at 0.7% Ni, 0.2% Cu and 0.06% Co from 169.0 m.
- Lower mineralised zone returned 2.7 m at 0.9% Ni, 0.1% Cu and 0.08% Co from 281.9 m.
- Two semi-massive to massive sulfide zones were intercepted, 150 m northwest along strike from 23RAN002.
- Semi-massive to massive sulfide zone returned 2.4 m at 0.8% Ni, 0.2% Cu, 0.10% Co from 66.4 m within a broader mineralised interval of 10.2 m at 0.4% Ni, 0.1% Cu, 0.05% Co from 63.7 m.
- Semi-massive sulfide lens returned 1.3 m at 0.6% Ni, 0.3% Cu and 0.09% Co from 167.9 m.
Jonathan Owen, CEO of Metals One, commented:
“We are pleased to report that our SRH Råna Project partner Kingsrose has discovered a new high-grade, relatively shallow nickel-copper sulfide zone at the Rånbogen prospect, demonstrating that the wider Råna intrusion is host to significant mineralisation outside of the historical mine.
These results, including the interception of two stacked zones of sulfide mineralisation, confirm the scale potential of the Råna intrusion, with the exposed lower zone underexplored and highly prospective.
Diamond drilling has now identified high-grade massive sulfide nickel-copper-cobalt mineralisation at both the Rånbogen and Arnes prospects. The operator is continuing to make good progress with the exploration programme, which includes drill testing several targets at Rånbogen with similar signatures.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/24102023/metals-ones-rna-project-intercepts-nickel-and-copper-at-newly-discovered-high-grade-sulfide-zone/