Mayfair Gold (TSXV:MFG) has reported new drill results from its higher-grade Footwall Zone, which is situated roughly 100 meters north of the Fenn-Gib gold deposit.
The Fenn-Gib Project, under Mayfair’s full control, is located in the Timmins region of Northeast Ontario. This project houses an open-pit-constrained Indicated mineral resource, which estimates 3.38 million ounces of gold at a grade of 0.93 grams per tonne. Additionally, it hosts an Inferred mineral resource of 0.16Moz gold at 0.85 g/t. The Fenn-Gib gold mineralization is recognized to be broadly disseminated, extending east-west on the Pipestone Fault for over 1.5 kilometers and reaching a width of over 500m at its westernmost point.
Mayfair Gold President and CEO Patrick Evans commented in a press release: “The Fenn-Gib pit-constrained deposit is a high-quality ‘cornerstone’ asset with highly favorable geology capable of delivering industry-leading gold recoveries with standard flowsheet options. Beyond that, ongoing drilling at the Footwall Zone and Contact Zone discoveries immediately adjacent to the Fenn-Gib deposit continues to identify wide zones of higher-grade gold mineralization. Step-out drilling supported by two drill rigs has so far extended the strike of the outcropping Footwall Zone to more than 500m, remaining open both to the northeast and southwest, and confirmed continuity to a depth of more than 600m. Mayfair expects to report a maiden underground Footwall Zone resource in early 2024.”
Continued drilling at the Footwall Zone has consistently intersected notable gold mineralization. Key results include:
- FG21-139: 1.94 g/t gold over 38.0m, with concentrations up to 4.06 g/t gold over 15.0m.
- FG21-170: A high of 59.05 g/t gold over a 1.0m stretch.
- FG22-218: 0.71 g/t gold over an expansive 92.0m, with spikes up to 6.78 g/t gold over 7.0m.
- FG23-300: 2.05 g/t gold over 16.2m, including a segment with 3.72 g/t gold over 6.2m.
- FG23-344A: 4.72 g/t gold across 30.0m, peaking at 6.59 g/t gold over 19.6m.
The Footwall Zone’s mineral makeup consists of several zones, predominantly found in the footwall mafic volcanic assemblage just north of Fenn-Gib. The mineralization here is mainly composed of bleached, buff-altered pillowed mafic volcanic with pyrite concentrations varying from 2% to over 20%.
In terms of metallurgical insights, tests conducted on a Footwall Zone underground sample highlighted a promising 94.2% gold extraction rate. This was achieved with whole ore cyanidation at a P80 60 µm grind over 48 hours, beginning with a head grade of 4.15 g/t gold with 2.5% S2-. Alternative processing methods, including flotation followed by fine grinding and cyanidation, yielded similar extraction rates of approximately 94%. The hybrid method displayed consistent gold recovery across the deposit’s varying content and lithology.
Highlights from the results are as follows:
- Hole FG23-314 reports 2.19 g/t Au over 17.1m, including 13.67 g/t Au over 2.0m
- Mineralization outside Fenn-Gib current pit-constrained 3.38M Indicated ounce resource
- Footwall Zone structure approx. 500m strike length, open in all directions
- Steep dipping mineralization from surface to below 600m
- Multiple parallel mineralized structures intersected
- Two drill rigs active at Footwall Zone
Table 1 – Footwall Zone reported drill hole results summary.
Table 2 – Footwall Zone reported drill hole collar information.