American Pacific Mining Corp. has announced that initial assay results continue to highlight the copper-zinc rich nature of mineralisation at the Palmer Project.
Palmer is an advanced-stage, high-grade volcanogenic massive sulphide-sulphate deposit (VMS) located in the Porcupine Mining District of the Haines Borough, Alaska, US. Constantine North Inc., a subsidiary of American Pacific, is the operator for the Project and the US$25.5 million 2023 programme has been funded by joint venture partner Dowa Metals & Mining Co.
American Pacific has received complete assay results for seven of the 23 drill holes completed as part of the 2023 resource definition drilling at the Southwall Zones of the Palmer deposit.
- CMR23-153 (upper zone 1) intersected 23.4 m of 1.78% copper (Cu) and 13.73% zinc (Zn) with elevated gold, silver, and barite values including 30.16% Zn over 6.2 m.
- CMR23-152 (upper zone 1) intersected 14.8 m of 1.26% Cu and 7.68% Zn, including up to 7.48% Cu over 1.1 m.
- Zone 1 infill assay results to-date have exceeded expectations with higher grades and mineralised thickness than currently modelled in the eastern portion of the deposit.
- CMR23-157-01 (lower zone 2-3) intersected 22.9 m of 2.18% Cu, including 4.23% Cu over 5.3 m; demonstrating the potential for significant copper grades and thickness.
- The assay results from these initial infill diamond drill holes are encouraging and support the mineral resource definition in the Southwall.
“The 2023 resource definition and geotechnical drilling programmes at our Palmer project have been successfully completed,” stated Warwick Smith, CEO of American Pacific. “We are pleased that significant semi-massive and massive sulphide mineralisation has been observed within the upper (Zone 1) and lower (Zone 2-3) VMS lenses of the Southwall Zone at the Palmer deposit. Initial assay results continue to highlight the copper-zinc-rich nature of the Palmer deposit and we look forward to receiving and reporting additional assay results in the coming weeks.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/20102023/american-pacific-reports-results-from-2023-drilling-at-its-palmer-vms-project/
You might also like
Azincourt Energy has entered into a purchase agreement with Atlantis Battery Metals, for the expansion of its lithium project in Canada.